Your Hair and Scalp Can Say a Lot About Your Health

Your Hair and Scalp Can Say a Lot About Your Health

Is Bad Hair a Sign of Poor Health?

Is your hair attempting to communicate with you about your health? Maybe. Some illnesses and treatments have an impact on both your body and your hair. In other circumstances, you may just need to improve your hair or scalp care. When it comes to your health versus hair and scalp, use this guide to distinguish myth from fact.

You Might Lose More Hair Than You Think

Although it is not a precise measurement, some experts believe we can lose up to 100 hairs per day. This is not a good reason for concern, nor does it indicate that you are going bald. At any given time, 90% of your 100,000 hair follicles are creating hair. The remaining 10% of hair is in a resting (telogen) phase, which lasts around 2 to 3 months before falling out. New hair grows in its place, and the growth cycle begins all over again.


White Flakes Are not Harmful to Your Health

Dandruff is not spreadable. So, how do you get them? Doctors are not sure, but one theory is that it is caused by a fungus overgrowth. Oily skin, obesity, stress, dry weather, cold, and having eczema or psoriasis are all possible risk factors. Although it can be unpleasant, and the itching can be annoying, dandruff is not dangerous.

Dandruff Treatment Suggestions

Use an antidandruff shampoo on a daily basis to reduce the buildup of dandruff's dead skin cells. Leave shampoo on for 5 minutes before rinsing thoroughly. It is possible that you will have to try a few different dandruff shampoos before finding one that works best for you. If one fails, try a different one. If that does not work, make an appointment with your doctor.


Yellow Dandruff

You may develop seborrheic dermatitis if the dandruff flakes are oily and yellow. It is an inflammatory skin disorder that affects areas with many oil glands, such as the scalp and face. Despite the fact that seborrheic dermatitis is linked to hormones, fungi, and even neurological diseases such as Parkinson's disease or HIV, it is treated in the same way that dandruff is: with antidandruff shampoos.

Telogen Effluvium: What Causes It?

Surgery, childbirth, immunizations, extreme stress, some drugs, crash diets, and thyroid disorders can all cause hair to go into its resting, or telogen condition. After about two months, you may see hair thinning and falling out, a condition known as telogen effluvium, which is commonly described as hair "falling out in handfuls." In most situations, new hair begins to grow almost immediately.

A Hair Follicle Attack

Alopecia areata is a condition in which your immune system destroys hair follicles, causing hair to fall out suddenly. Most people will have one or two bald patches, which can be readily repaired with injections, but other people will lose all of their body hair. Alopecia areata is not dangerous or communicable, but it can be emotionally draining. Hair may regrow on its own, and treatment may accelerate the process. Unfortunately, some people may get alopecia areata on a regular basis.

Female-Pattern Baldness

Hair thinning due to age can occur anywhere on the head, but pattern hair loss is most common on the top of the head. Women, unlike men, rarely grow bald, and they lose hair at a slower rate than men. Longer hair, contrary to popular opinion, will not put stress on the roots, leading more hair to come out. Shampooing also does not pull hair out; it only gets the ones that are already falling out. Once daily use of 5% minoxidil may aid hair growth and prevent thinning. Women can also take oral drugs like hair growth vitamins like NourishVita. As we can read the NourishVita reviews, this product is a unique formula which makes a big change in hair and eyebrows and lashes.

Relaxing Scalp Massage

There is no proof that massaging your scalp would prevent hair loss or improve scalp conditions, although it can help you relax. The nerve endings on your scalp make it extremely sensitive to touch. It is possible that rubbing your scalp will help you relax. Feel-good hormones like dopamine and serotonin may be released as a result of massage.

Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.